The Foothills Trail is maintained by the Foothills Trail Conference (FTC). The FTC is an all-volunteer organization that sponsors trail maintenance, educational and recreational opportunities. The FTC also publishes trail guides and maps, and sells merchandise related to the promotion of the Foothills Trail.
The FTC and its partners, Duke Energy Corporation, the South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism, the North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources, the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, the United States Forest Service, and private landowners, are proud stewards of valuable natural and recreational resources along the Foothills Trail.
Your membership in the Foothills Trail Conference will help to support this important effort.
Your membership entitles you to:
- A subscription to our quarterly newsletter, Footnotes
- The opportunity to join other members on nature hikes and service trips
- Eligibility for the Peregrine Award,
- Discounts on merchandise at FTC events
- Invitations to our Annual Meeting (2-day retreat featuring catered meals, hikes and great speakers) and our Spring Picnic.